- 15 Years of LCA experience, specialized in materials LCA with focus on chemicals and plastics.
- Master degree and PhD in Chemical Engineering from the University of Stuttgart.
- Head of content and database development team at PE INTERNATIONAL.
- Review and Panel Review Expert of ISO 14040-44 series
- Member of the scientific advisory board for the international Ecobalance Conferences in Japan.
- Member of the scientific advisory board of Center for Management Research, DITF.
- Member of the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC Europe).
- Subject Editor “Data availability and data quality” in the International Journal of Life-Cycle Assessment.
Dr. Martin Baitz is well known in following expert panels and organisations: PlasticsEurope, Brussel; Vinyl2010, Brussels; CEFIC Brussels; EU Commission, Brussels; JRC Ispra; FEFCO Brussels; EDANA, Brussels; Environmental Protection Agency EPA, USA; UC Berkeley, USA, SETAC/UNEP Life-Cycle Initiative; Deutsches Netzwerk Lebenszyklusdaten, Karlsruhe; National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan, University of Tokio, University of Stuttgart, Technical University of Berlin.