CILECCTA has brought top class academical and industrial researchers, associations and enterprises together in a consortium to develop a suite of software that will enable the assessment of sustainable options providing decision support.
The software will be capable of full Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA) and compatible with codified Price Banks (PBs) as well as Life Cycle Inventories (LCIs) across Europe. It will also be customisable/configurable for whole assets and their components.
A user-oriented, knowledge-based suite of Construction Industry LifE Cycle CosT Analysis software for pan-European determination and costing of sustainable project options.
CILECCTA has 19 participants from 8 European countries.
CILECCTA is a large-scale integrating collaborative projects co-financed by the European Commission under the 7th Framework Programme, Cooperation Work Programme.
Objectives of CILECCTA
The principal objectives for the CILECCTA project is to support the industrialisation of the construction sector particularly through:
- improved resource efficiency
- development of client-driven knowledge-based processes, product and services
- improvements in the use of ICT for increased connectivity of the actors in the sector
The aim of the CILECTA is to develop a suite of software that is:
- capable of full Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA);
- compatible with codified Price Banks (PBs) and Life Cycle Inventories (LCIs) across Europe;
- customisable / configurable for whole assets and their components;
- enable the assessment of sustainable options to provide decision support;
- is user-friendly to the 95% of building enterprises that are SMEs across the EU27 and beyond.
Part of PE INTERNATIONAL in the project
- PE INTERNATIONAL will be closely involved in the specification of the LCA modules and LCI interfaces of the CILECCTA software.
- In addition PE INTERNATIONAL will support the dissemination of the project results with pre-market stimulation activities.
General information about CILECCTA
Name: A user-oriented, knowledge-based suite of Construction Industry LifE Cycle CosT Analysis software for pan-European determination and costing of sustainable project options
Starting date: 01/09/2009
Funding type: 7th Framework Program
Duration: 4 years